#019 The Write Life With Jenny Blake
In this bonus episode you'll hear how author, podcast host, and coach, Jenny Blake deals with writer's block, organizes her writing projects, and overcomes her inner critic. You'll also learn how her outlook correlates with principles in Buddhism. Whether you're writing a book or writing emails, this episode is full of actionable advice for allowing more ease and fun into your writing practice (and life)! #thehappierhour
IN THIS EPISODE:
Next The Happier Hour LIVE EVENT: On DISCOVERY
Saturday, September 29th at Caveat
Doors 3:30pm, show 4:00pm.
Tickets $15 adv / $20 door.
Can travel make us better people? Is social media messing with our brains?Can science fiction teach us morality? Join us for another round of lively philosophical fireside chats (minus the actual fire) about these questions and more at this month’s The Happier Hour on DISCOVERY.
This month: Elise Crull (philosophy professor and author), David Farley (travel and food writer), Shannon Odell (scientist and comedian) Hosted by Monica McCarthy.
HEART OF PODCASTING with Jenny Blake
A 5-Day Course on Presence, Powerful Questions, and Practical Systems and Tips for Bootstrapping Your Podcast
- Day 1: Podcast Landscape + Bootstrapping Basics
- Day 2: Set-up and Systems: Interview Preparation and Post-Production
- Day 3: Guest Selection, Powerful Questions and Presence
- Day 4: Monetization Options—Earning revenue from your show through your own products, sponsorship and Patreon + special guest!
- Day 5: Q&A
Use code HOPMONICA for $25 off!
PREVIOUS EPISODES MENTIONED:
- The Write Drunk
- Alexander Franzen's Know. Feel. Do. Workbook
- Antifragile: Things That Gain From Disorder
Founded by Prince Siddhartha in ~ 530 BCE who became known as The Buddha or The Enlightened One.
The Buddha taught:
- Everything changes in the world
- Happiness = acceptance that change is the ultimate reality of the material world
- Nothing lasts forever.
The Four Noble Truths:
- All life is suffering
- The cause of suffering is ignorant desire
- This desire can be destroyed
- The means to this is the Eightfold Path.
The Noble Eightfold Path:
- Right View
- Right Resolve
- Right Speech
- Right Conduct
- Right Livelihood
- Right Effort
- Right Mindfulness
- Right Samadhi ('meditative absorption or union')
BOOKS BY JENNY BLAKE:
ABOUT JENNY BLAKE
Jenny Blake is an author, career and business strategist and international speaker who helps people organize their brain, move beyond burnout, and build sustainable, dynamic careers they love. She is the author of Pivot: The Only Move That Matters is Your Next One (Portfolio/Penguin Random House, September 2016), which won an award for Axiom Best Business Book in the careers category. Jenny also hosts the popular Pivot Podcast, which CNBC listed among 6 podcasts to make you smarter about your career, Entrepreneur selected as one of the top 20 female-hosted business podcasts. After two years at a technology start-up followed by five years at Google in Training and Career Development. Today you can find her at PivotMethod.com. Subscribe to the Pivot Podcastand follow her on Twitter @jenny_blake.